Veda

Monday, October 08, 2007

Tidbits

Lots of tidbits I wanted to write about and might (or most likely not) expand on (considering my history).
Firstly .. YAY ! we finally 1-1 ( won -one : Ya , expect some more cheesiness on the way) match of this India - Aus series. After kickign some serious Kangaroo ass in the T20 we got royal raped in the first 2 matches. Highlight : Symonds Wicket ! RP! u saved ur seat for the subsequent games.

I strongly profess letting the younger bunch of players play all the ODIs. I know , all you die-hard fans of Ganguly, Dravid and Sachin will be racing to say something to their defense. But games like this where we need our players to be not deterred by the aussie aggression - only the young guns can withstand. I see no fear, no pressure in these young chaps. RP dint stumble when it looked as if the aussies were going to rule yet again today -and trust me ( those who dint watch the match) it was not sheer luck. Uttappa ( and Dhoni ( blush hehe) to some extent ) is one more example - the pressure doesnt just seem to get to their heads. Doesnt seem to affect their games - infact makes them more focussed. I long ago stopped trusting Sachin & Ganguly. Dravid was someone who cud keep his cool somewhat.

All I want to say is .. get rid of the 30+ recruit some more young guys. And, Dhoni pls cut your hair!

And yes some more useless information : If anyone saw the first ODI washed away in Bangalore - I was right behind the poster which read "Windia vs Losstralia" :D

So the first point I wanted to "mention".. I went off on a rant.. thats me :D

For those bloggers who are also book readers - 2 books I really liked recently ..
The Kite Runner - Hosseini and Undici minuti ( Eleven minutes ) Paulo Coehlo. U shud try them if you havent already!

& for the movie lovers - I like the movie "Life in a .. Metro". If thats how city life is .. its scary! but really well made movie. I totally commend all the actors. Konkona! you plain ROCK!

I am tending to go tangentially so I will sign off now - One final thing : I am loving this trip of mine back home - really loving the cricket mania. I guess thats something which doesnt change in an Indian !

Good food ( on weekends), lots of crappy movies , tons of cricket and not so serious work & ofcourse US pay :D What else can I ask for! :D ...I know ! Enuf to make ANYONE Jealous!

3 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Wallnut said...

First of all, what is this other kaleidoscope blog that you have??

I have no comments about cricket - I continue to be an embarrassed Indian in this regard...but YAY!

What did you think of Kite Runner's dramatic fight between evil guy and oppressed boy? (Hindi movie style??) Am reading the Alchemist now....witll put the other one on the list.

And I'm SO jealous!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Veda said...

@Wallnut

dearest Walnut! Kaleidoscope is not mine .. I wonder why its lists as mine .I will delete it

Ya. Kite runners that part was sort of filmi.. but remember the story writer is asian by blood I guess we have to give some leeway there :)

What are u jealous of ?

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Veda said...

Errata :
1. I know what you are jealous of
2. Yes . kaleidoscope is mine too only that I dont recall why/when I made it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home